The 4 Middletons

The 4 Middletons

Monday, March 7, 2011

Swing Set (Day 1)

This morning (Sunday), we started building the boys swing set.  It had 4 huge rectangular boxes along with the slide.  We started by openning up each box and bringing the wooden pieces to the backyard.  Here is one of the views of the backyard...(there were also pieces on the side of the house)


 And a picture of all the findings:



Once in the backyard we organized them according to theirs numbers (each piece was labeled with a letter and a number).  This made a world of difference once we started and needed to find a piece because all we had to do was go to the N section or the L section, then go from 1-whichever number we needed.

The instruction manual is pretty well a foreign language to me, so Nick read the instructions and would tell me what to do.  In the beginning I did all the hammering of the small nuts/bolts and screwing them in...  Then when it got to using the drill I couldn't be of much help.  

I did half the work on this part...then I couldn't do much else!

Nick did 9/10ths of the whole thing today by himself.  I'm sure he is going to be so sore for the next few days!  

Here is what it looked like in the mid afternoon: 


And finally, after help from Uncle Tim coming over for dinner, this is the end of the day finale:

No comments:

Post a Comment